[telco-cg] MMNS 2007 - 10th IFIP/IEEE International Conference on Management of Multimedia and Mobile Networks

Sumit Naiksatam snaiksatam at scu.edu
Fri May 4 03:06:40 CDT 2007

(Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this
email.)

|                10th IFIP/IEEE International Conference on
   |
|   Management of Multimedia and Mobile Networks and Services (MMNS
2007)  |

|             October 31- November 2, 2007 - San Jose, California
   |
|                       http://magellan.tssg.org/2007/mmns/mmns.php
   |

|                             CALL FOR PAPERS

Information Processing (IFIP) Working Group 6.6 on Management of
Networks and Distributed Systems, with technical co-sponsorship by the
IEEE Communications.

SCOPE OF MMNS 2007

MMNS has established itself as a premier conference for research and
innovation in management of multimedia technology and networked
services. The scope of the conference has been expanded in recent years
to include management of emerging mobile and wireless networks. The
objective of the conference is to bring together researchers and
scientists from academia and industry interested in state-of-the-art
management of multimedia systems over mobile wireless networks, while
creating a public venue for results dissemination and intellectual
collaboration.

Multimedia real-time services are expected to be among the most
important applications of next generation mobile wireless networks such
as the forthcoming 4G networks. Efficient management of these services
is a key ingredient in the effort to provide cost effective, innovative
services that are likely to become a major source of income both for the
network and content providers. The need to evolve management tools and
methodologies to keep pace with emerging networks is at a critical
juncture with the proliferation of mobility and wireless systems,
intelligent and broadband networks, data/voice convergence, and the
integration of computing and communications in all devices. The academic
and industry research communities should unify forces to address the
challenges of developing and operating such services. Inevitably,
management is a key element in addressing this challenge. Autonomous
services and the service-oriented architecture are emerging concepts
that can enable efficient management of resources in these complex
systems.

The MMNS 2007 technical program committee is soliciting research papers
in the broad area of network and service management and new models,
architectures and designs in technology and services to enable
multimedia and mobility proliferation in next generation mobile and
wireless networks. MMNS 2007 will continue the success of the
outstanding agendas of the past, and will emphasize and solicit novel
research in management of mobile networks. Topics of interest include
but are not limited to:

Mobile multimedia network management
Management of wireless ad-hoc/mesh networks Management of 4G systems
Management of sensor and actuator networks Management of Service
Oriented Architectures (SOA) Network measurement/monitoring for
multimedia and mobile services Multi-service over IP (voice, video and
data over IP) network management Grid networking for multimedia
Multimedia in peer-to-peer networks Quality of service management in
multimedia and mobile networks Planning and optimisation of multimedia
and mobile networks IP Multimedia System (IMS) operations and management
Management of Content distribution networking Distributed multimedia
service management Performance evaluation of multimedia and mobile
services Multimedia transmission and resource management for OFDMA
protocols Wireless Multimedia broadcast/multicast technologies Novel
protocols for multimedia services Multi-point, multicast service
management Seamless mobility of multimedia services Pricing, Accounting
and Billing for multimedia services Security management for mobile and
multimedia networks and services Self-properties of multimedia and
mobile networks and services Network Virtualization for network
management and service provisioning Remote over-the-air manageability in
mobile networks End-to-end management for multimedia transmission in
wireless networks Mobile platform architecture optimizations for
manageability services Network manageability across heterogeneous
wireless networks Novel network architectures for mobile network
management services

PAPER SUBMISSION

Paper submissions must present original, unpublished research or
experiences. Late-breaking advances and work-in-progress reports from
ongoing research are also encouraged for submission to MMNS 2007. Papers
under review elsewhere MUST NOT be submitted to MMNS 2007. Authors are
requested to submit either long papers or short papers (work-in-progress
reports), strictly in LNCS format (see below):

Long papers (up to 12 single-spaced single-column pages) Short papers
describing work-in-progress (up to 4 pages)

PROCEEDINGS

The MMNS 2007 proceedings will be published in Springer-Verlag's
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series. For more information
regarding manuscript format please visit the author's instruction links
at LNCS Springer.

An award will be presented to the best student paper at the conference.
Furthermore, the best papers of MMNS will also get a chance to be
published as an extended version in a special edition of the IEEE
eTransactions on Network and Service Management - eTNSM.

IMPORTANT DEADLINES

Submission: May 13th 2007
Notification: July 6th 2007
Camera ready: August 2nd 2007