[telco-cg] FW: Trouble with Telco-cg list

Steve Crumb scrumb at ggf.org
Wed Feb 8 08:47:57 CST 2006

Per Pramila's request to forward.

Thanks,

Steve Crumb
Executive Director, GGF
scrumb at ggf.org
+1 630-252-4300
+1 630-915-3324 (cell)

-----Original Message-----
From: MULLAN Pramila RD-ILAB-SSF
[mailto:pramila.mullan at francetelecom.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 11:51 AM
To: Steve Crumb; systems at mcs.anl.gov
Subject: RE: Trouble with Telco-cg list

For starters, could you please forward this email on to the telco-cg
mailer asap.

Hi,
This is to confirm that the The Telco-CG will be meeting at the GGF
meeting in Athens on tuesday afternoon from 3:30 - 5. Attached please
find a draft of the white paper that the group was working on at the
last meeting with editions made based on the feedback from the last
meeting. Please review it and come prepared with comments/changes.

At this meeting, our focus will be on the telco as a Utility Computing
Service Provider. We intend to discuss that business opportunity with
the intent of identifying the requirements and missing standards
required to facilitate the role of the telco in this market. Please come
prepared to discuss

In addition, we will also have a short planning session on the upcoming
joint meeting with the ITU on NGN in September. This will be an open
discussion of how the growing amount of Grid computing traffic on the
Internet and carrier networks could affect plans for Next Generation
Networks. It is also the beginning of what we hope will be a longer term
interaction with ITU.
Looking forward to meeting many of you at the Telco-cg meeting in
Athens.
Thanks
Pramila Mullan

  _____