[tc-rg] Trusted Computing Use Case Document

Wenbo Mao wenbo.mao at hp.com
Mon Jun 27 20:43:49 CDT 2005

Hi David,

TPM should be very reliable. My TPM has served me one year and never
failed. I posted the break down possibility for the matter of principle.
Since under TCG, a TPM is unique to a platform (uniquely identifies a
platform) and the integration cannot be undo by the platform owner, when
a platform stops serve, the TPM dies together.

In the scenario you concern (a TPM crashes in the middle of exporting a
certificate), I would imagine this a benign problem since nothing has
really done yet (in terms of loss of user's mission critical data).

Best regards,
Wenbo

--
Dr Wenbo Mao
Principal Engineer         Tel:          +44 (0)117 312 9528
Filton Road, Bristol       Email:           wenbo.mao at hp.com
United Kingdom BS34 8QZ    http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/wm