[socialmedia] Website slowness returns

Greg Newby gbnewby at pglaf.org
Sat Jan 13 08:39:37 PST 2024

We've been working with iBiblio since Friday to try to figure out why www.gutenberg.org is so slow.

Today, Saturday, it's often timing out and is pretty unusable. This the same problem we've been having off and on for a couple of months.

I put a notice on the main page:

Website slowdowns. The website has been slow and sometimes unresponsive since Friday January 12. We are working with iBiblio, our hosting provider, to remedy the situation. Problems might persist throughout the weekend. Apologies for this disruption.

Unfortunately the iBiblio folks don't offer much weekend support. I've been trying to press them to figure things out but without much luck.
  ~ Greg

Dr. Gregory B. Newby
Chief Executive and Director
Project Gutenberg Literary Archive Foundation www.gutenberg.org
A 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization with EIN 64-6221541
gbnewby at pglaf.org