[socialmedia] gbn out of town June 18-24, out of touch June 20-22

Greg Newby gbnewby at pglaf.org
Fri Jun 16 22:55:47 PDT 2023

Hi dear colleagues. I will be traveling to Alaska June 18-23 and running the "Denali 135" ultra marathon June 20-22.

I live in Whitehorse, so getting to Alaska is basically a leisurely 2-day drive in each direction. My online time during this period will be limited by being on the road and generally out of cellular network range and in places that might not have wifi.

Hopefully PG things I oversee will all keep working! One problem that has happened a few times is for aleph.pglaf.org to crash and so new pushes fail. If that happens, Roger could edit ~gbnewby/.bin/dopush.sh to take aleph out of the quorum.

If there are issues that seem urgent, you could SMS/Signal my mobile: 1-613-334-8373 (Canadian number) so I see it as soon as possible. Of course I won't be checking in during the actual race, and will be totally off-grid for essentially the entire time from the evening of Monday June 19 until the evening of Thursday June 22.

It's a crazy ridiculous race. 135 miles running/walking along the Denali Highway from Paxson to Cantwell, Alaska. The time cutoff is 48 hours, and it begins 5am Tuesday June 20. Here's a little info: https://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=96839 for the curious.

Best wishes to all for an enjoyable solstice week.
  ~ Greg

Dr. Gregory B. Newby
Chief Executive and Director
Project Gutenberg Literary Archive Foundation www.gutenberg.org
A 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization with EIN 64-6221541
gbnewby at pglaf.org