[socialmedia] Planned PGLAF downtime this weekend (TBC)

Greg Newby gbnewby at pglaf.org
Fri Jul 14 12:36:25 PDT 2023

Hi all. Our collocation provider, Castle Access, will be moving all three PGLAF systems to a new location.

This is tentatively scheduled for Saturday July 15, starting around 6pm Pacific Daylight Time.

The estimated duration is 6 hours.

It is not yet confirmed, because there is some remaining work to be done by the new data center facility before the move.

During the move, all *.pglaf.org services will be unavailable:
  copy.pglaf.org and upload.pglaf.org; inprogress and cm.pglaf.org also
  email including lists.pglaf.org mailing lists like posted and pgww
  WWer/errata team endpoints for logins, ticketing, workflow

No new PG eBooks can be received, processed, or published while the systems are unavailable.

I will let you know if the downtime is rescheduled, and otherwise presume it will proceed as described above.

Thanks, as always, for everything you do!
  ~ Greg

Dr. Gregory B. Newby
Chief Executive and Director
Project Gutenberg Literary Archive Foundation www.gutenberg.org
A 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization with EIN 64-6221541
gbnewby at pglaf.org