[socialmedia] Fwd: Re: Please defer 'pushes'

Greg Newby gbnewby at pglaf.org
Mon Dec 21 21:02:34 PST 2020

FYI, this is why there have been no new postings today:

----- Forwarded message from Greg Newby <gbnewby at pglaf.org> -----

Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 21:01:55 -0800
From: Greg Newby <gbnewby at pglaf.org>
To: pgww at lists.pglaf.org
Subject: Re: Please defer 'pushes'

Update: I'm sorry to say that aleph.pglaf.org still isn't recovered.

If it's not back by morning (Pacific time, where the system is
located), I'll remove aleph from the quorum so we can begin pushing
again. Until then, pushed files *will* go to ibiblio and hence to
www.gutenberg.org, but they will also generate hourly "pushed failure"
messages in your inbox (as long as they are in the ../push/ folder).

Sorry for this trouble. I think the colo center fixed the problem that
took all our systems off the network, and didn't realize aleph had a
separate issue. I've emailed them about it again (fourth time today,
and four phone calls).

  - Greg

----- End forwarded message -----