[sn-cg] slide set for OGF20

Yoder, Alan agy at netapp.com
Tue May 8 05:40:58 CDT 2007

Hello Gents,

   Here is the slide set I talked to yesterday.

   One remark. I know my characterization of most scientific grids
as "cycle-scavenging" grids may not suit everyone.  But as it is not
the focus of these slides, I'd ask you to put your feelings about that
aside for the purposes of any conversation about these slides.  I'll
welcome coaching/education concerning "cycle-scavenging grids" in
a separate thread.  ;-)

   Tony, thanks again for a great keynote.

   Mark and Steve, I love the idea of a workshop or summit around
the general topic of data center grids. Let's stay in touch on that.
Possibly OGF22 is the logical choice for a venue, but we should
start planning soon so there is some actual meat on the agenda,
and the appropriate level of publicity to the general membership.
The SN-CG would be happy to take ownership of that, I think, with
some guidance from you and help from the staff.

Thanks,

Alan