[SEM-GRD] A new software release: Semantic MDS TP1

Said Mirza mirza at ni.aist.go.jp
Sun Dec 23 02:39:29 CST 2007

Hi,

We are pleased to announce the release of our new software Semantic
MDS (S-MDS) TP1.
S-MDS is a Semantic Metadata Discovery and Monitoring system
implemented on the top of the Globus Toolkit 4 (GT4).
It is an information system that uses semantic web technologies to
semantically describe grid resources (services) so that they can be
more efficiently and effectively discovered and monitored.
The software does not require any change to the (targeted/monitored)
grid resources so that it can "peacefully" work with your grid
resources.

S-MDS harvests many semantic web technologies but it does not require
users to be familiar with the technologies.
It provides the following management and query tools for supporting the users.
* S-MDS wizard and tools for easy creating, enriching and registering
the semantic metadata.
* A GUI-based query client for easy constructing a (SPARQL) query.
This tool also includes a monitoring client that periodically pulls
data from the repository and presents the data in a graphical view.

For more information and download please visit:
http://wiki.dbgrid.org/index.php?smds

Best Regards,

Said Mirza

On behalf of the Data Grid Team,