[sem-grd] IMPORTANT: Server Fire Affects WWW2006 Submission - Please Read at cs.man.ac.uk

Carole Goble carole at cs.man.ac.uk
Wed Nov 2 04:16:39 CST 2005

*** PLEASE PASS THIS MESSAGE ON RESPONSIBLY TO ALL COLLEAGUES WHO
*** MAY BE CONSIDERING SUBMITTING PAPERS/PANELS/TUTORIALS TO WWW2006.
*** PLEASE EMAIL YOUR TRACK PC MEMBERS AND ASK THEM TO PASS THE  MESSAGE ON
*** BUT DO NOT USE THE OFFICIAL WWW2006.ORG MAILING LISTS!

Due to a serious fire at the University of Southampton, UK, the
www2006.org website and mailing lists are temporarily unavailable. We
expect that services will return soon (and may even be restored by  the
time you read this email). In the meantime we apologise for any
confusion that the outage may have caused.

THE SUBMISSION PROCESSES have been unaffected by this fire, only
information about the submission url, deadlines, tracks, document
formatting etc has been affected. A temporary replacement website has
been set up with all the information for submitting papers, panels  and
tutorials. The paper deadline still stands at midnight November  4th
2005, Hawaiian time. The panel and tutorial submission deadlines  are
also unchanged.

TEMPORARY WWW2006 WEBSITE: http://www.soton.ac.uk/~lac/ but SHOULD be
visible at www2006.org
DIRECT ACCESS to the paper submission website: http://
www.openconf.org/www2006/
TEMPORARY EMAIL FOR ENQUIRIES: lescarr at gmail.com

Information about the fire can be found at: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/
hi/england/hampshire/4390048.stm.
---
WWW2006 Co-chairs: Les Carr, Dave De Roure, Arun Iyengar
WWW2006 PC Chairs: Carole Goble, Mike Dahlin