[scrm-wg] Cloud Standards/SCRM meeting Monday 3/1

Mark A. Carlson Mark.Carlson at Sun.COM
Mon Mar 1 09:03:49 CST 2010

Bob Marcus
Andrew Watson
Kevin Walsh
Dan Romascanu
Winston Bumpus
Craig Lee
Sam Johnston

Kevin Walsh introduced himself, He is a Grad Student UCSD (High
Performance distributed infrastructure)
  - Navy Standards working group (Larry Smar, Naomi Rescus)

CCIF group leveraging discussion

Large group, but not a lot of discussion lately.
We could use it as a public soap box to announce changes in the
cloud standards wiki. We would also solicit feedback and discussion
on the direction of the standards.

1) To change the name or not?
   - site needs to be "rebranded" and focused
   - keep email address and URL, but change the name
   - cloudforum at googlegroups.com "Cloud Standards Public Forum"

2) Need a charter defining what is and is not in scope (standards broadly)
  - Mark AI to circulate and edit

3) Formal statement on IP and feedback

4) Transparent on it's unofficial nature,  moderators:

Bob Marcus
Sam Johnston
Mark Carlson

Mark gave an update on the demo. Plan is to do the first one
at OGF 29. Craig mentioned that they hold the meeting specifically
to align with the ACM HPDC conference. Craig will take the AI
to contact the HPDC organizers to see about doing the demo during
their main stage agenda.

Dan announced a Cloud "bar BOF" at the next IETF meeting.

We will meet again in 2 weeks time, but in the meantime please
comment in email on the charter.