[scrm-wg] Notes: Cloud Standards/SCRM bi-weekly meeting Monday June 7th

Mark Carlson mark.carlson at oracle.com
Mon Jun 7 09:00:10 CDT 2010

Attendees:

John Siegel
Mark Carlson
Winston Bumpus
Craig Lee
Dan Romascanu
Vincent Franceschini
Bob Marcus
Silvana Muscella

> Meeting with EU/SIENA doodle poll - Silvana
>
> http://www.doodle.com/xtd4vguc8qhf9txk
Silvana will plan the meeting for October 28th. She and Craig will
coordinate
the OGF 30 activities.

Silvana will send out the meeting announcement with logistics once the
EC representatives
OK the meeting time.

The standards and interoperability session at ICT 2010 September 21st -
25th has been
accepted and Silvana is looking for presenters on the various cloud
standards.
http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/events/ict/2010/index_en.htm

Silvana has a report she will send to the list that is available for
public comment.

> Planning a follow up meeting with NIST - Kevin
OMG has lots of NIST participants and is willing to lend a hand if needed.
Lots of concern about NIST proceeding without input from the SDOs. Also
concern expressed that the results will not highlight the need for
standards,
putting open APIs and reference implementations at the same level of
acceptability
as industry standards.

Winston will call Tim Grands to follow up and find out where they are
with the
SAJACC process and when we can have some input.

> Update on OGF 29 Joint Cloud Demo
Craig talked about the OGF 29 demos planned. The Open Cloud Consortium
(Bob Grossman)
will be demoing some data standards work, and the Joint OCCI/CDMI demo
will be presented.

> Cloud Wiki Updates?
> http://cloud-standards.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
Dan talked about the state of Cloud in IETF - no Cloud BOF planned for
the next meeting.
want to join.

> Events updates?
> http://cloud-standards.org/wiki/index.php?title=CloudStandards:Current_events

The events page is looking pretty stale.

AI: folks need to update the wiki page with upcoming events