[scrm-wg] Reminder SCRM/Cloud Meeting Monday October 12th

Craig A Lee Craig.A.Lee at aero.org
Mon Oct 12 08:37:44 CDT 2009

All,

I'll just give everybody an update in email.

I posted the URL to the talks from the NCOIC meeting.  Peter Mell proposed
doing a roadmap.  In my talk, I had proposed doing open cloud demos based
on stakeholder scenarios.  This would/could be used as a driver to get people
(the govvies) out of "analysis paralysis" and as a way to do any necessary
risk mitigation.  In email, after the mtg, I offered to participate in any such
roadmapping effort, and that demos could be part of that for the above reasons.
Peter Tseronis (DOE) liked the idea.  As much as I want to help this along,
I told Bob Marcus that somebody from the gov has to lead this effort.  They
have to take ownership.  Bob pinged Mell and my guess is that he's off trying
to get his mgmt to buy in and support it.  If Mell can't do it, Bob and I have
others we plan to ping.  Bob is also lining up other national/gov cloud meeting
in the coming months: Long Beach, Tel Aviv, Ottawa, ...  There are other
cloud efforts starting in Canada, Singapore, and probably others.
Obviously all of these efforts are potential drivers for standards.  I'll be
meeting w/ a representative from GICTF for lunch today to catch up
on the Japanese efforts.

--Craig