[scrm-wg] Notes from SCRM/Cloud Meeting Monday August 51st

Mark A. Carlson Mark.Carlson at Sun.COM
Mon Aug 31 08:56:42 CDT 2009

*Attendees:*

Jim Reavis
Krishna Shankar
Winston Bumpus
Andrew Watson
Mark Carlson
Dan Reavis
Peter Mell
Craig Lee
Enrico Ronco

*Cloud Wiki Updates?*
None this period.

*SCRM Wiki Updates?*
Winston added an entry for CIM-SPL

*Events updates?*
A number of new events have been listed.
Linked In has a great self administered list here:
http://events.linkedin.com/cloud-computing

*SDO specific terms and pictures*
Jim will look into creating a CSA entry
Peter will look into creating a NIST entry

*Possible Demos*

Craig talked about creating a integrated demo that implements
specific demos. For example the Sept 21st group would most likely
want a cloud storefront demo of some sort. Maybe we could get
Hiro to update us on the Japanese cloud efforts given the recent
government changes there.

The earliest possible date for the first demo would be during SNW
and OGF 27 as there are cloud activities at those shows already.
Resources is a concern to coordinate this. The main resource needed
is to coordinate and organize the effort.

Jim talked about ENISA:
http://www.enisa.europa.eu/
they have built some scenarios. He will send some more information
about their work.

Krishna suggest a wiki page on the demo with our thoughts and
some of the scenarios.

Enrico joined us to talk about the positioning page. He has a
diagram there that attempts to position the various standards
with respect to each other.
http://cloud-standards.org/wiki/index.php?title=Cloud_standards_positioning