[scrm-wg] TinyURL

Franco Travostino travos at nortel.com
Fri Aug 12 09:23:17 CDT 2005

><http://tinyurl.com/7r5tg>http://tinyurl.com/7r5tg
>http://tinyurl.com/95lql
><http://tinyurl.com/dypet>http://tinyurl.com/dypet

Sounds as we've come back full circle to hardly-mnemonic telephone numbers :-)
This wasn't Tim Berners-Lee's vision for a human-readable WWW.

It's a pity that users still have to suffer those wrap-around text
issues (poor standard or poor implementation?)
With that problem resolved, even the tiny PDAs nowadays afford
cut&paste commands and shortcuts to deal with long URLs.

Apologies for the off-charter posting.

-franco

Franco Travostino, Director
Advanced Technology, CTO Office