[scrm-wg] New template and OSI mapping question

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Mon Aug 1 05:01:44 CDT 2005

Hi all,

I've update master template from v3.6 to v3.6.1 by filling in
URIs for FCAPS, ISO OSI, and CIM information. The latest template
is attached.

I have two URIs for ISO OSI information.

(1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSI_model
(2) http://www.looselycoupled.com/opinion/2003/saruk-osi-infr0905.html

(1) is conventional TCP/IP like mapping and (2) is Web services
focused mapping. In the farmer mapping HTTP is layer 7 (application)
and SOAP and all WS-* are above layer 8. On the other hand, (2) maps
HTTP to layer 5 (session) and SOAP to layer 6 (presentation).

I guess this is controversial issue, but we need single mapping rule
for comparison. If we use (1) mapping, many summary sheets fall in to
layer 7 and question #12 becomes meaningless. In order to have
meaningful grouping, I think mapping (2) is better.

Your thoughts?
--
Hiro Kishimoto