[scrm-pvt] RE: Landscape info by DMTF

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Mon Mar 7 02:36:27 CST 2005

Hi Heather,

> I have a question about how we are filling out similar specifications
> question #18.
> It just says specifications, not standards, is this intended?

I don't think so. We use a word "specification" in this template.
However, differentiation between standard and non-standard is
VERY important for this question (and related three more questions).
Thus I recommend to add the following footnote for these questions.

*: Please identify each specification is (S) standards, (E) emerging;
under standardizing process, or (N) non-standards.

Attached is a update version of our template. Let's discuss this
topic at today's call.

> Aren't there other management models in our world that we should
> identify here... TMF, etc.?

Good question. This should be a discussion topic we should discuss
this collaboration activity.

Thanks,
----
Hiro Kishimoto

I have a question about how we are filling out similar specifications question
#18.
It just says specifications, not standards, is this intended?

Aren't there other management models in our world that we should identify
here... TMF, etc.?

Heather Kreger
STSM, Web Services Lead Architect for SWG Emerging Technologies
Author of "Java and JMX: Building Manageable Systems"
kreger at us.ibm.com
919-543-3211 (t/l 441)  cell:919-496-9572

<Winston_Bumpus at Dell.com>
02/17/2005 11:54 AM
<hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com>, <plh at w3.org>, <patrick.gannon at oasis-open.org>,
<bwijnen at lucent.com>, <d.snelling at fle.fujitsu.com>, <adams_wayne at emc.com>,