[scrm-pvt] Management Roadmap for SCRM discussion

Dave Sidor djsidor at nortel.com
Fri Jun 24 12:34:48 CDT 2005

Hiro, Joe,

Thanks for the info. There is no rush; I just wanted to know where we
stand.

Dave

Joel Replogle wrote:

> Dave et al,
> The SCRM-WG email list and gridforge project are in the process of being
set up. They are both on my plate which has been consumed with the GGF14
session scheduling up to this point. I expect them to be set up in the next
day or so (but prior to GGF14's start).

> Once in place, they will be "scrm-wg at ggf.org", and a gridforge project
named "scrm-wg".
> On Jun 24, 2005, at 12:36 AM, Dave Sidor wrote:
>
>      Hiro,
>
>      Now that the SCRM WG is an official GGF WG, I assume it has its own
(and
>      new) mailing list, web/ftp site, and possibly GGF-related procedures
>      follow. If so, can you point us to the related information?
>
>      Thanks
>
>      Dave
>
>      Hiro Kishimoto wrote:
>      >
>      > Thanks Heather for this pointer.
>      >
>      > Yes, I think it is very relevant to SCRM activity. It is a high
level
>      > requirement document for System Management Domain. GGF OGSA-WG also
>      > make final call for "OGSA roadmap document v1.0" submission for
public
>      > comment by GGF at large. This roadmap document is for Grid
Computing
>      > Domain.
>      >
>      > http://tinyurl.com/9ssa9
>      >
>      > If SCRM-WG co-chairs, Jay Unger and Mark Carlson, agree, I think it
is
>      > good idea to introduce these two documents at upcoming SCRM-WG
session
>      > at GGF14.
>      >
>      > Is there any other relevant documents we should bring in at this
>      > session?
>      >
>      > Thanks,
>      > ----
>      > Hiro Kishimoto
>      >
>      > Heather Kreger wrote:
>      > > Hello all,
>      > >
>      > > I know that conversations are underway in earnest on the
landscape and
>      > > taxonomy papers and I am looking forward to being involved in
those
>      > > discussions going forward.
>      > >
>      > > IBM has recently published a white paper with HP and CA that
expresses our
>      > > view on the value of using Web services as a management platform
to the
>      > > industry, the major, foundational architectural roles, where some
existing
>      > > standards and specifications fit into those roles, and some work
on our
>      > > radar a little further down the road. We've been informally
referring to
>      > > this paper as the 'Management Roadmap'.
>      > >
>      > > We think this paper is of similar scope and direction of the
landscape and
>      > > taxonomy papers. We are very interested in the opinions of those
on this
>      > > working group.  We'd also being very interested in discussing if
our views
>      > > are similar to your own and if this paper could be used to
accellerate the
>      > > development of this group's deliverables.
>      > >
>      > > Hiro, I'd be happy to have this paper discussed on a call/meeting
whenever
>      > > the agenda permits.
>      > >
>      > > Here's the post we made to OGSA, WSDM, and DMTF WS-CIM:
>      > > CA, HP and IBM would like to make you  aware of a paper that we
have
>      > > recently published jointly.  This paper,  'Management Using Web
Services,
>      > > A Proposed Architecture and Roadmap' characterizes challenges
facing the
>      > > IT systems  management community and defines a roadmap and
strategy for
>      > > the evolution of  management systems to support emerging business
>      > > environments. It explains how a  common approach for
manageability (using
>      > > Web services infrastructure) can  simplify the management
solutions for
>      > > both existing systems and systems based  upon emerging
Service-Oriented
>      > > Architectures (SOA). It defines a comprehensive  Web services
based
>      > > systems management architecture that supports, integrates,  and
unifies
>      > > several popular management models and technologies in a way to
manage any
>      > > IT resource in a platform and language-neutral manner.
>      > >
>      > > We believe that CIM, WSDM, WSRF, and WS-Notification are some of
the
>      > >  foundation standards for this Roadmap.
>      > >
>      > > You can get a copy of the management roadmap at one of this
links:
>      > > HP: http://devresource.hp.com/drc/resources/muwsarch/index.jsp
>      > > IBM:
>      > >