[scrm-pvt] SCRM WG charter draft

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Mon Jun 6 07:16:04 CDT 2005

Thanks Bert,

> I do not think IETF signed an MoU, did we?

You are correct. I should say:

They are fully based on the MoU sighed by subset of participating
SDOs and also our discussions.

> I have no objection to forming the WG.
> Now... it seems you want the IETF to be a formal participant.
> Do I understand that correctly, or would you rather see that I
> motivate current IETF participants to also become individual
> participants of the GGF WG-to-be?

I believe our consensus is later. We will encourage technical
experts from all SDOs to participate this new WG as individual.

Each member can input, discuss, improve a deliverable of this WG
but we don't ask to get formal approval of his/her home team.

> - I know/think that ITU-T NGN MFG has also an objective to get a summary
>   of applicable NM standards in their NGN space. It is not exactly the
>   same... but similar. That is why I suggested in the past to get Dave
>   Sidor involved.

Yes, Sidor and I talked over phone on April 28 and I understood
both use the almost the same mechanism/process. However, scope/target
and goals/output are quite a bit different.

I think we should add their work to answer #4.

> - I know that also ETSI TISPAN WG 8 is doung a document (lots of contentrs
>   already) that is a taxonomy of NM related standards. Seems even more
>   overlapping (competing?) than the NGN MFG work.

If you can tell me what is their work, I am more than happy to
add them to answer #4, also.

Let's discuss these issues at the call.
----
Hiro Kishimoto