[SAGA-RG] SAGA Resource Package Comments

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Wed Jan 16 14:00:13 EST 2013

Sure, I can create a 'teleskope' resource which is neither a job
submission endpoint nor a filesystem endpoint -- but that is not part
of the use cases we considered for the resource API so far.  The set
of considered use cases is fairly limited actually, and that is, IMHO,
a good thing (TM).   And for those use cases, binding the resource
type to a well defined SAGA service endpoint seems to work reasonably
well.  The intent is *not* to define a resource management interface
for arbitrary resource types -- there are enough solutions for that.

Could you come up with some (even a small number) of convincing and
relevant use cases to motivate the resource API to be more generic and
(slightly) less simple to use?

Best, Andre.