[SAGA-RG] Python Bindings

Ole Weidner ole.weidner at rutgers.edu
Sat Dec 15 22:15:28 EST 2012

Hi Andre,

I don't think I can agree with section 1.2 "Security Considerations". It reads:

"A SAGA implementation is considered secure if and only if it fully supports (i.e. implements) the security models of the middleware layers it builds upon, and neither provides any (intentional or unintentional) means to by-pass these security models, nor weakens these security models’ policies in any way."

Implementing the SAGA 'security models' (i.e., saga contexts and maybe permissions?) doesn't make an implementation 'secure'. 'Secure' is a very strong (and overloaded!) term and should really be avoided altogether.

Best,
Ole