[SAGA-RG] python bindings

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Mon Sep 5 09:22:24 CDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 3:07 PM, Sylvain Reynaud
<Sylvain.Reynaud at in2p3.fr> wrote:

> I agree ; SAGA implementations can have lot of differences in the attributes
> needed to generate the credentials (i.e. *-proxy-init for example), but they
> should not have so much differences in the way to simply use them.
>
> But be careful, even if they are built with the same string value(s),
> currently the URL/Session objects passed in the SAGA method arguments must
> be created with the right SAGA implementation (maybe this last point can be
> improved in the SAGA implementations ?).

Yes, I agree - but I would not expect to obtain object level interoperability
based on an API specification :-)  I am not even sure if would be a worthy
effort, as the lower implementation layers would become complex and more
constraint as well...

Nothing is ever easy...