[SAGA-RG] planning for OGF-30 interop demo

Yutaka Kawai yutaka.kawai at kek.jp
Sun Sep 26 20:10:10 CDT 2010

Dear Andre,

(2010/09/24 18:27), Andre Merzky wrote:
 > I do not know if we'll have a demo booth available - will check with
 > Joel.  If so, a projector will likely be supplied by OGF or local
 > staff - I don't think we need more than a laptop.  I'd be happy to
 > offer mine as a fixed entry point, but I guess that swapping laptops
 > between demos should also be doable.  Let me know which way you
 > prefer.

Umm, I think, that depends on how much space we have at the booth if
such a booth is available. If we have a large space booth, we can demo
in parallel so swapping laptops does not seems smart. If not so large, I
prefer swapping PCs between demos because we can reduce some works to
set up each environment. Also it might be possible that we will use more
than one PCs for the demo (I'm not sure that at this moment).

 > In case we do not have a booth, I think that laptop swapping is the
 > simplest way - do you agree?

Yes, for the same reason as above.

BTW, Go and Yoshiyuki from KEK will join the SAGA workshops at the
OGF30. I will not, sorry. Go is "go"ing to take over this discussion.

Regards,
Yutaka

Yutaka Kawai  河井 裕
High Energy Accelerator Research Organization (KEK)
Computing Research Center
Tel: +81-(0)29-864-5200 (Ext: 4503)
Fax: +81-(0)29-864-4402
E-Mail : yutaka.kawai at kek.jp