[SAGA-RG] minute from OGF28 SAGA session, 16/03, 15:00-16:30

Thilo Kielmann kielmann at cs.vu.nl
Tue Mar 16 11:12:55 CDT 2010

meeting of SAGA-WG at OGF28, tuesday 16/03/2010, 15:00-16:30

session chaired by Andre Merzky
notes taken by Thilo Kielmann

The fourth session at OGF28 had two agenda points:

1. presentation by Go Iwai about the SAGA implementations done by the
Japanese NAREGI project.
They identified several (fortunately small) issues with the spec.

It was decided to incorporate their findings in the errata document
and to close the list of errata then.
(We are not aware of another mature implementation effort from which
we have not received errata feedback yet.)

2. adaptor development by independent groups

Fortunately, SAGA takeup has got to the phase where groups beyond the
initial implementors wish to contribute
adaptors. The need for clear adaptor interfaces is rising. There was
some initial discussion, however, no clear
decisions were made. (The subject is important and upcoming, but the
SAGA folks are currently into fixing too many
loose ends already, so this will have to wait at least one more OGF
meeting.)
--
Thilo Kielmann
http://www.cs.vu.nl/~kielmann/