[SAGA-RG] tomorrows phone conf details

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Wed Jan 13 15:54:11 CST 2010

Notes from todays call:

SAGA-RG Call
---------------

  - When: Wed Jan 10, 2009, 22:00 CET
  - Who : Derek, Manuel, Hartmut, Ole, Andre
  - What:

    - we tried skype - but that broke up after a while.  So we'll
      continue to use the phone bridge, even if sound quality is
      rather bad for Europeans...

    - CPR API package
      - Derek/Nathan reviewed the API draft, and sent some feedback to
        the list
        - seems the 'cpr directory / cpr entry / checkpoint file'
        hierachy needs some illustrative examples
        - checkpoints should not have a ttl
        - default for frequency should be more like an hour than a day
      - these changes seem minor, so the draft should be fit for a
        final call and public comment soon
      - TODO ANDRE: prepare draft for final call on list
      - TODO DEREK, NATHAN: possibly check final draft again

    - Python binding discussion (neverending story ;-)

      - LSU intents to reuse VU python wrapper/bindings
      - TODO VU: clarify licensing
      - however, LSU needs to keep backward compatiblity, and will
        adapt the API bindings to the current LSU python API
      - TODO HARTMUT: check out VU code base, and check if its
        feasible to unify both VU and LSU python bindigs
        (technically, not in terms of specification)
      - TODO ANDRE: discuss the specification side with Thilo and
        Shantenu

Quoting [Andre Merzky] (Jan 13 2010):

--
Nothing is ever easy.