[SAGA-RG] planning for OGF-30 interop demo

Sylvain Reynaud Sylvain.Reynaud at in2p3.fr
Thu Aug 12 03:26:19 CDT 2010

Ole Weidner a écrit :
> Hi Andre,
>
> On Aug 9, 2010, at 11:44 AM, Andre Merzky wrote:
>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> as most of you should now by now, we plan a SAGA interop demo for
>> OGF30 in Brussels (http://www.ogf.org/OGF30/).  In order to pull
>> that off successfully, we need to start to define
>>
>>  - participants
>>  - scope
>>  - implementations to be used
>>  - interop demo scenario
>>

>>> From the top of my head, I would think that the following parties
>>>
>> might be interested to team up resources (endpoints, code, people)
>> to get things in place:
>>
>>  - VU Amsterdam
>>  - IN2P3, France
>>  - CCT, LSU
>>  - KEK/Naregi
>>  - RAL, UK
>>
>> It would be great if each party could let us know explicitely if
>> they are interested in participating!  Did I miss anybody?
>>
>> We have the following bits and pieces which may, or may not, play a
>> role in the interop demo
>>
>>  implementations:
>>    JavaSAGA
>>    JSAGA
>>    SAGA-C++
>>    PySAGA (over JavaSAGA)
>>    PySAGA (over JSAGA)
>>    SAGA-Python (over SAGA-C++)
>>    command line tools for most of the implementations
>>
>>  functionality:
>>    Job Submission (all)
>>    Data transfer / access (all)
>>    Advert Service (not JSAGA I think, not in PySAGA)
>>    Replica Management (not JSAGA?)
>>    Service Discovert (not in JSAGA?  not in PySAGA)
>>
>>  backends:
>>    local  (all)
>>    globus (all)
>>    ssh    (all)
>>    aws    (all?)
>>    glite  (all?)
>>

> We (as in LSU SAGA) currently support only gLite CREAM (job adaptor with X.509 contexts). What specific gLite components are you referring to? What do other SAGA implementations support?

I can answer for JSAGA :
Job management : WMS, CREAM, (LCG-CE not achived)
Data management: SRM (DPM and dCache supported), LFC
Security: VOMS, MyProxy

...but as I said in my previous mail, for the demo I think it is more
interesting to show that SAGA implementations can complement each other
rather than showing that they can do the same thing!

Cheers,
Sylvain