[SAGA-RG] planning for OGF-30 interop demo

Mariusz Mamoński mamonski at man.poznan.pl
Wed Aug 11 04:35:56 CDT 2010

Hi Andre,

On 11 August 2010 11:04, Andre Merzky <andre at merzky.net> wrote:
> Quoting [Morris Riedel] (Aug 10 2010):
>>
>> Dear Andre, all,
>>
>> >--   backends:
>> >--     local  (all)
>> >--     globus (all)
>> >--     ssh    (all)
>> >--     aws    (all?)
>> >--     glite  (all?)
>> >--     bes    (all?)
>>
>> In terms of using ogsa-bes, we can provide you with an UNICORE
>> endpoint and I'm quite sure that I can get you an ARC, OMII-UK &
>> GENESIS endpoint also.
>>
>> Please contact me and Steve Crouch (cc) once you agree to use this
>> backend interface with SAGA.
>
> Hi Morris, Steve,
>
> BES would indeed be interesting, as it is OGF relevant, obviously.
> Alas, not all implementations support it, yet.
>
> We actually do have access to a unicore, gridsam and arc endpoints:
>
> https://zam1161v01.zam.kfa-juelich.de:8002/DEMO-SITE/services/BESFactory?res=default_bes_factory)
> https://gridsam-endpoint.oerc.ox.ac.uk:18443/gridsam/services/hpcbp
> https://interop.grid.niif.hu:2010/arex-x509

if you want you can add another endpoints for the SMOA Computing service:

https://grass1.man.poznan.pl:19001 (UsernameToken)
https://grass1.man.poznan.pl:8080 (X509)

there were already some interoperability tests conducted involving our
BES implementation:
http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.gin/wiki/GINOGF27

> It has been a while since the last testing though, so I'll need to
> confirm that those are still valid/accessible.  A Genesis endpoint
> would be very interesting for many reasons, so I'd appreciate if you
> guys could provide access to such one for the demo! :-)
>
> Best, Andre.
>

>> Take care,
>> Morris

Best Regards,