[SAGA-RG] planning for OGF-30 interop demo

Sylvain Reynaud Sylvain.Reynaud at in2p3.fr
Wed Aug 11 04:05:51 CDT 2010

Yutaka Kawai a écrit :
> Dear Andre,

Hi all,

>  >> From the top of my head, I would think that the following parties
>  > might be interested to team up resources (endpoints, code, people)
>  > to get things in place:
>  >
>  >    - VU Amsterdam
>  >    - IN2P3, France
>  >    - CCT, LSU
>  >    - KEK/Naregi
>  >    - RAL, UK
>
> OK for KEK to use NAREGI. However,
>
>  > A simple interop demo would be to submit the same job (NOT
>  > /bin/date) to a set of resources in the various infrastructures
>  > discovered via SD, from various tools.  A job submitted via python
>  > for example should be monitorable from C++ tools, and output could
>  > be reaped via PySAGA-over-JSAGA, etc.
>
> Using SD to discover NAREGI resources will be difficult at the demo.
> Certainly, we are developing SD adaptor for NAREGI now but the
> development and test cannot be completed by that time. In my
> understanding, SAGA has a prototype SD adaptor only for glite at this
> moment. Do you know how about other middlewares?
>

>  >     Replica Management (not JSAGA?)
>  > >
> JSAGA supports Replica Management package for gLite-LFC, iRODS and SRB.
>
> Great. Andre, Sylvain already has an iRODS replica adaptor for their
> JSAGA. Do you still need that adaptor for SAGA C++ at the demo?
More generally, rather than selecting for demo the middlewares that are
supported by all SAGA implementations, I think that it would be more
interesting for users to demonstrate that they can use several SAGA
implementations from a single application to access a more wide
diversity of middlewares in a uniform way. This is one of the motivation
for having developed JPySAGA.

Best regards,
Sylvain