[SAGA-RG] sessions at OGF21

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Sun Sep 27 15:09:32 CDT 2009

Uhm, on Monday I'll be sitting most of the day in the GFSG
meeting - so moving anything to Mondat will be difficult for
me.  Also, the KEK people planned to come from Tuesday to
Friday if I remember correctly, because of my earlier
statement that we won't schedule SAGA on Monday (because
I knew of the GFSG meeting...) :-(

The currently scheduled times (not yet final) are:

  Wednesday 14:45 - 16:15
  Thursday  13:00 - 14:30

Please all have a look at
http://ogf.org/gf/event_schedule/index.php?event_id=14, and
let me know if you see any bad conflicts.

Right now, the second session is clashing with the 'Future
Grid' BoF, which is relevant ant interesting to us I think.
So, I'll try  to get that one moved to an earlier time slot,
but I am not sure if we'll find a better one.

Both sessions are clashing with Grid and Cloud paper
sessions of Grid2009, which is a pity - but I hope we can
live with that?

Cheers, Andre.

Quoting [Shantenu Jha] (Sep 27 2009):
> Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 13:58:45 -0500
> From: Shantenu Jha <s.jha at ucl.ac.uk>
> To: Steve Fisher <dr.s.m.fisher at gmail.com>
> CC: Andre Merzky <andre at merzky.net>, SAGA RG <saga-rg at ogf.org>
> Subject: Re: [SAGA-RG] sessions at OGF21
>
> Steve. I agree. A late Monday session would/could be  better.
>

> >We should probably avoid Monday morning as the original program had
> >nothing till after lunch so locals may well be flying in then.
> >
> >Steve
> >
> >2009/9/27 Shantenu Jha <s.jha at ucl.ac.uk>:
> >
> >>Hi Andre,
> >>
> >>If these are not case in stone, would it be possible to have the first
> >>session on the Monday as it is a "lighter-day" in terms of other
> >>activities/session, and thus the chance of a conflict is lower.
> >>(in general Wed + Thur are going to be the busiest of the week)
> >> http://www.summit09.ca/program
> >>
> >>Just a session.
> >>
> >>Shantenu

> >>--