[SAGA-RG] jsaga

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Mon Mar 2 16:14:33 CST 2009

Thanks Steve!

Here is the complete list of SAGA related activities at OGF:

  Tuesday, March 3, 11:00 am, Galilei
    	Grid Programming (1/2)
      Antony Wilson: "An Extension to the SAGA Service Discovery API"

  Tuesday, March 3, 2:00 pm, Galilei
    	Grid Programming (2/2)
      Sylvain Reynaud: "Uniform Access to Grid Infrastructures with JSAGA"

  Wednesday, March 4, 4:00 pm, Galilei
    	OGF-EU Community Outreach Seminar: Software development
        tools for distributed computing (1/2)
      Shantenu Jha:   "Scientific Applications using SAGA"
      Thilo Kielmann: "The SAGA Specification Landscape"

  Wednesday, March 4, 11:00 am, Bernini
    	SAGA General Session:
        - SAGA core errata (continued)
        - SAGA bindings (focus: python)
        - AOB

  Wednesday, March 4, 2:00 pm, Bernini
    	SAGA Working Group Discussion
        - status of SAGA implementations
        - Takashi Sasaki: "SAGA-NAREGI and SAGA-PBS at KEK"
        - outreach work
        - documentation work
        - new usage areas (clouds, programming models)

  Thursday, March 5, 9:00 am, Caravaggio
    	From Grids to Clouds, a workshop for Grid users facing
        the Cloud (1/3)
      Shantenu Jha: "Application-level Interoperability between Grids and Clouds"

  Thursday, March 5, 11:00 am, Da Vinci
    	Interconnecting Desktop and Service Grids - Impact on
        applications and the role of standards (1/2)
      Andre Merzky: "Application Level Grid Interoperability with SAGA"

The agendas for the two SAGA sessions are tentative, and may
be adjusted on the fly.  And no, it is not an error that
Shantenu and I are giving basically the same talk, the same
day (Thursday), in two different workshops :-P )

For the SAGA Core errata, I'll send another mail in a couple
of minutes.

In case somebody wants to call in via skype, please let us
know in advance, and I'll organize a speakerphone.  We are
lookig forward to see you! :-)

Cheers, Andre.

>  tools
>  for distributed Computing, where I will be presenting on
>  scientific applications developed using SAGA and Thilo
>  will be talking about the standards landscape.

Quoting [Steve Fisher] (Mar 02 2009):

--
Nothing is ever easy.