[SAGA-RG] missing(?) method reporting last modification time

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Tue Jun 2 05:39:29 CDT 2009

Dear Sylvain,

Quoting [Sylvain Reynaud] (Jun 01 2009):

> Andre Merzky a écrit :
> >So, would something like
> >
> >  get_atime ()
> >  get_mtime ()
> >  get_ctime ()
> >  get_btime ()
> >
> >work for you folx?  I realize that this differs from what
> >Sylvain's group added to JSAGA... :-/
> >
> Dear Andre,
>
> I think this is not so different from what we added, it is rather more
> comprehensive.

Right.

> The reasons why we implemented only the "get_mtime" are:
> * many (most ?) protocols provide only 1 date (last modified).
> * our users were only lacking the last modification date.

Good reasons IMHO.  If everybody agrees on it, then we might
indeed want to limit the change to mtime only.  However, I
really would hate to come back to the topic a year later to
add one attribute, and another year later for the next one,
etc ;-)

Lets see what the others think..

Thanks, Andre.

--