[SAGA-RG] Job service and sessions

Malcolm Illingworth malcolm at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Tue Sep 23 10:22:40 CDT 2008

Hi,

A hopefully simple implementation question ...

The SAGA Java API defines an abstract factory for obtaining a job service:

public abstract class JobFactory
{

	protected abstract JobService doCreateJobService(Session session,
URL rm)
	throws NotImplemented, IncorrectURL,
	AuthenticationFailed, AuthorizationFailed,
	PermissionDenied, Timeout, NoSuccess;
... etc
}

Now, Session is defined as containing multiple contexts. So in principle
there is nothing to stop me creating a Session containing multiple user
identities and passing it to create a JobService.

However, if I then submit a job using this JobService, it would appear to be
undefined which identity would be used to attempt to submit the job. So it
would seem to me that I should always throw an exception if an attempt is
made to create a job service with multiple identities.

Am I missing something here?

Regards,
Malcolm.

Malcolm Illingworth
EPCC, University of Edinburgh
James Clerk Maxwell Building
Mayfield Road                   E-mail: malcolm at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Edinburgh EH9 3JZ               Phone:  + 44 (0) 131 651 3388
United Kingdom                  Fax:    + 44 (0) 131 650 6555