[SAGA-RG] usage of SAGA_LOCATION

PFA van Zoolingen pzn400 at few.vu.nl
Wed Oct 15 09:07:33 CDT 2008

All,

> In the latest release CCT's SAGA C++ implementation doesn't require a set
> SAGA_LOCATION environment variable anymore (at least as long as the
> installation has not been moved from the --prefix directory it was
> configured and built with). If no $SAGA_LOCATION is set it internally
> defaults to the directory used during ./configure --prefix=... This doesn't
> free you from the need to properly set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but that's
> another issue, I guess.

In my case, I don't have root access to my machine and can only access my
home-dir. So installing in /usr/local/ is not really an option, and I need
the $SAGA_LOCATION set.

If I could install it in /usr/local/ and also have the java implementation
installed, I still have to set $SAGA_LOCATION to the java implementation.
Does this effect the C++ implementation since $SAGA_LOCATION is set, and it
overrides internal C++ default?

Paul.