[SAGA-RG] EGEE glite and SAGA

Alexander Beck-Ratzka alexander.beck-ratzka at aei.mpg.de
Fri Mar 7 02:24:55 CST 2008

On Tuesday 29 January 2008, Ashiq Anjum wrote:
> Hi Alexander,
>
> Very glad to hear that you have a gLite adaptor for JavaGAT.
>
> I will be pleased if you can provide the code and some
> document to use it.  What functionality is it providing
> right now?

I've missed this Email in my SAGA folder :-(  Sorry for the late answer!!!

Okay, we have a gLite adaptor for JavaGAT, and we have to versions of it:

1) an API adaptor
2) a CLI adaptor.

While the second one requires a gLite installation, the first one doesn't need
a running gLite in order to submit jobs to a gLite host.

I am just working on it in order to bring into the trunk branch of JavaGAT.
Right now I have the problem that wrong certificates are loaded, if I try to
invoke it from an account, where I have the CoGKit installed. I hope that's
only a configuration problem - as it seems.

What does this adaptor provide? Job submission and job control, the file
transfer (pre- and poststaging) is done using gridftp.

What do you need? First of all JavaGAT. Then you must have at least an ssh
access to a machine, where you can create your gLite proxy with
voms-proxy-init. Your proxyfile you need to transfer to your client host, and
then you can add it to the GAT securityContext. Details to this can be found
in the readme.txt located at:

adaptors/src/de/mpg/aei/glite/readme.txt

And the whole stuff you can download at:

www.aei.mpg.de/~alibeck/packages/gat171-glite.tgz

The sources for the gLite adaptor are in:

adaptors/src/de/mpg/aei/glite

Finally, following the Emails of Andre, I like to mention that this adpaptor
will also be accessible with the Java implementation of SAGA.

Cheers

Alexander