[SAGA-RG] EGEE glite and SAGA

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Sun Jan 27 19:21:15 CST 2008

Cool!  I guess you are working in EGEE, is that right?  If
yes, we are actually running circles, as we discussed with
some folx at EGEE if they could not provide us with glite
adaptors ;-)  Unfortunately, they did not see a need for
action...

But to answer your question: As far as I know, the Java guys
in Amsterdam are working on glite adaptors - I have no idea
if they are useable at this time - Thilo will probably
answer that.

As for C++: Steven Fisher & Friends are working on a service
discovery package + adaptor for SAGA, which talks to glite's
service registry, but apart from that, we have no adaptors
at the moment.

Sorry for not having a more positive answer.  We would
happily support any group developing adaptors, but have
limited resources ourself.  At the moment we focus on local
adaptors, globus, and OMII/GridSam.

Cheers, Andre.

Quoting [Ashiq Anjum] (Jan 28 2008):

--
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however,
a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.