[SAGA-RG] SAGA SD Final?? Version

Fisher, SM (Steve) S.M.Fisher at rl.ac.uk
Wed Jan 2 09:13:05 CST 2008

Hi,

We have made the following changes to the Service Discovery spec:

#1  Section 2.1.1: now includes reference to GLUE

#2  Should the default VOs be chosen from the session object?

As we are not able to come up with an intuitive syntax that allows the
user to be able to request specific VOs or to take one from the
security context we prefer to leave this as it is.

#3  When there is Authz failure, should list_services
    throw 'NotEnoughPermission' exception?

We have added the AuthorizationFailed exception

(Incidentally I don't like the distinction between PermissionDenied and
AuthorizationFailed in the core specification. I see no adequate
justification for it - Steve)

#4  To mention compliance to upcoming GLUE stds. (GLUE 2?).
    Whether GLUE upgrades affect the document? if so,
    appropriate mentioning required. (comments: similar to
    SAGA-core spec depending on JSDL)

A footnote has been added

The examples have also been updated to correspond precisely to our
implementation.

Note that we do now have a complete C++ implementation with gLite
adapaters. The main code will be checked in as soon as Paventhan has
write access to the repositoy and the adapter code will go into the
gLite repository.

We would like to see the document go to the OGF editor now unless
somebody sees a problem. The .dvi file is attached.

Steve and Paventhan