[SAGA-RG] Service Type

Fisher, SM (Steve) S.M.Fisher at rl.ac.uk
Wed Feb 20 09:21:40 CST 2008

Hi,

I was just making the agreed chnages to the SD spec when I relaiszed
that you said to use saga::<package>::<class> with package and class
according to the implementation language. This won't work easily as
means altering the string from the information service or wherever it
comes from according to the chosen language. I think that a service type
must be independent of the chosen language and so taken from the spec.

With this in mind I want to include an example which would be the
job_service on p180 of GFD.90. Should this be saga::job::job_service.
Given that the package is actually saga.job then perhaps the best name
would be saga.job.job_service i.e.
<package>.<class> where the package always starts with "saga."

Steve