[SAGA-RG] Service Discovery spec updated at last ...

Sylvain Reynaud Sylvain.Reynaud at in2p3.fr
Thu Dec 18 11:13:02 CST 2008

Steve Fisher a écrit :
> As I seem to be in a minority of one wanting to call the access to the
> file package a file service rather than a directory service I guess I
> have to back down - but also bear in mind that LDAP or M'Softs active
> directory are considered to be directory services - whereas I presume
> that the SAGA directory service is a directory of files??

There is no explicit SAGA file/directory service; a file object manages
a single file, and a dir object manages a single directory.
But dir also enables creating new file objects (method open) and new
directory objects (method openDir) on the same server, that's why I
think that dir is the closest to a file service...

Sylvain