[SAGA-RG] [global-custreqs] Groups - OASIS: 6 New Committees Standardizing SCA for SOA (SCA OASIS - 6 SOA TCs .pdf) uploaded

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Thu Oct 11 09:33:50 CDT 2007

Hi Craig,

thanks for the deep links!  The SCA-C-C++ does indeed sound
intriguing!  At the moment my guess is that it would provide
a generic way to create C/C++ accessors (stubs) for the
OASIS middleware standards stack.  So, in some sense its
like a generic SAGA for OASIS.  Interesting for us is that
SAGA does, at the moment, has _no_ generic elements - we
prescribe all semantic parts of the API as well.  At some
point we will need a generic part, and should look at the
outcome of the SCA-C-C++ effort.

IIUC, it requires at least a yearly $300 fee to actively
participate in the group (as individual member).  Is anybody
on this list already OASIS member, or affiliated with an
OASIS member organization/company?

Swift: at a first glance, it looks not that different from
other grid enabled workflow environments, although targeting
on more scalable problems.  I'm not sure if I missed their
point though, will have to dig through their docs more
thoroughly :-)

SAGA / JSR:  Gregor was the one proposing and driving that
project, and I assume he still has interest in that.  But,
AFAIK, he has very tough time constraints :-(  So I assume
that is on hold until someone else who is comfortable with
Java and the JSR process steps up to support that effort.

Cheers, Andre.

Quoting [Craig Lee] (Sep 12 2007):