[SAGA-RG] saga core spec - final call

Fisher, SM (Steve) S.M.Fisher at rl.ac.uk
Wed Oct 10 11:37:20 CDT 2007

Andre,

There is just one small thing I don't like. In section 3.8 it says:
"Non-optional attributes MUST have a default value (which can be an
empty
string)."

We have found this rather inconvenient for the service discovery work
where we often return values which are not optional but have no default
value - for example the URL of a service. We have been obliged to give
these default values of empty strings which is misleading - and is not
even a valid URL (I think).

Would it break anything if this sentence were to be deleted?

I am sorry to bring this up at the last moment

Steve