[SAGA-RG] saga core spec - final call

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Wed Oct 3 15:37:15 CDT 2007

Hi group(s),

the deed is done, finally, and we incorporated all public
comments back into the SAGA spec, and then some.  And
then some more.

So, we would like to have a one week final call within the
SAGA groups before we resubmit to the OGF editor.  So,
please, have a look at the document(s), and raise your voice
if there is something you don't agree with.  There are no
open known issues at the moment, no TODO's and no FIXME's.
But the text needs reviewing from a native (or good) English
speaker, and also needs some formatting fixes.  Shantenu and
Thilo agreed to help with that, but more volonteers are VERY
welcome!

I attach two versions of the document: the clean version
which is to be resubmitted, and a version which includes
markup of the changes.  The markup semantics is:

  red   : removed
  green : fixed
  blue  : added

For large parts of the text (the verbatim sections), you'll
find diff style markups

  + : added
  ! : fixed
  - : removed

I'll try to come up with a detailed change log tomorrow or
Friday, which should help you to understand the evolution of
the document.

BTW, the spec grew bigger again, but mostly because of added
details, and not of added semantics.

Cheers, Andre

PS.: we know of course that a one week final call is short,
but we would _really_ like to get the spec out of the door
by OGF21.  If you have concerns about the short call, please
let us know!

--
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however,
a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.