[SAGA-RG] Fwd (andre at merzky.net): Re: More confusion

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Tue Nov 27 00:48:44 CST 2007

Quoting [Ceriel Jacobs] (Nov 26 2007):

> >The other radical approach could be: remove file name wildcards
> >alltogether...
>
> But the SAGA specs are quite specific that wildcards MUST be
> implemented, so I assume that they are required by several
> use-cases?

We do not have a hard requirement for wildcards (no use case
explicetliy mentiones them).  Several users/use cases did,
however, express the request for shell like file handling
semantics - that is where we took the wildcard requirement
from.

So, yes, dropping would actually be an option we should
consider, but it would be a pity IMHO.

Andre.

--
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however,
a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.