[SAGA-RG] SAGA Message API Extension

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Sun Jan 21 11:12:43 CST 2007

Hi Steven,

I found: "In WS-Notification, a message type is represented
by an XML Schema global element definition."  I did not find
such an explicit statement for the othe WS definitions, but
I think the same holds there.

I am not sure if that would exclude large binary messages,
but it certainly would make that more difficult. Yes, you
can encode them, and include even larger ascii messages
then, but that would be inefficient.

So I think the mechanisms used in WS-Notification and
WS-ReliableMessaging are VERY compatible to the SAGA message
API, but the target use cases differ, and it is possible to
implement the SAGA message API on top of the WS-standards,
but that may be not optimal in terms of performance.

OTOH, for use cases with less strict requirements (smaller
message footprint, XML messages, no latency limits), the API
and the WS-specs seem definitely compatible.

Cheers, Andre.

Quoting [Andre Merzky] (Feb 20 2007):