[SAGA-RG] SAGA Java Bindings, spec status

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Tue Aug 21 15:20:35 CDT 2007

Hi group(s),

there has been some progress on the Java language bindings,
finally.  The VU had a small SAGA-Java retreat today, and
started to draft the bindings as interfaces etc.

In order to get early feedback, and to allow for input from
other groups, that work is now in CVS: we would very much
appreciate if the Java interested people on this list could
have a look (Pascal?  Gregor?  Malcolm? Steve?  Gregor? ... :-).

CVS details are now on the SAGA-RG GridForge home page
(http://forge.ogf.org/projects/saga-rg).  There are also
instructions on how to subscribe to the CVS notification
list, in case you want to keep up to date.

You find the current minimal state of affairs in the
SAGA-RG/SAGA-Bindings/Java/OGF subdir.

Please don't treat that code as anything else than what it
is at the moment: food for discussion! :-)

In other news: we updated the TODO list for the SAGA spec.
Although many/most serious issues are now resolved, an
annoying number of small to medium size items remain.  If
anybody feels inclined to take on one or more of these
items, you would be very welcome! :-))

As a reminder: the spec is in the SAGA-RG/Strawman
subdirectory in CVS (an historical artifact as many of you
know...).

Cheers, Andre.

PS.: There seemed to be a problem with this mailing list
     during OGF20 - a mail from Steve went missing.  If
     anybody else experiences trouble, I'd appreciate a
     direct note.  I'll repost Steve's mail.

--
"XML is like violence: if it does not help, use more."