[saga-rg] Timestamp issue

Pascal Kleijer k-pasukaru at ap.jp.nec.com
Thu May 18 01:12:49 CDT 2006

Hello,

> I personally think that the ISO and W3 one are not looking
> particularily beautiful, with T (!) as a delimiter, but they
> are surely simple enough to parse...

Right! But at least it is a text based human readable format.

> On the other we try to stay close to POSIX in many places,
> so sticking with ctime, or even seconds since epoch, would
> also be well justified...

The epoch format can be written down in text, all language that I know
of supports this format and have formatting functions included. This
would be a no brainer to use and let the different platform and system
do the formatting. English, French or Japanese have all a different
formats but they all come down to use epoch time.

--

Best regards,
Pascal Kleijer

   HPC Marketing Promotion Division, NEC Corporation
   1-10, Nisshin-cho, Fuchu, Tokyo, 183-8501, Japan.
   Tel: +81-(0)42/333.6389       Fax: +81-(0)42/333.6382