[saga-rg] Timestamp issue

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Wed May 17 09:45:59 CDT 2006

Quoting [Christopher Smith] (May 05 2006):

> Does anybody have a pointer to the relevant ISO standard?

Is there an ISO standard for that?

> We could also use seconds since the epoch..... ;-)

Would make it easier for C programmers, but I am not sure if
others could handle them as easily.  I would hesitate to
leave that to the language bindings though (although that is
possible I guess...).

Posix knows about ctime, which basically gives the output of
"asctime (localtime (t))".  That format
"Wed Jun 30 21:49:08 1993\n" would be a good candidate to
agree on I think.

my 2 cent, Andre.