[saga-rg] Comments on the job API (revision 1.4)

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Mon Mar 6 15:54:05 CST 2006

Hi Graeme,

I should think before I write: the code I sent is useless,
as the delayed _run_ poses the problem (there is no
submit_job as I used).  Also, the run() must not take a
parameter, as it comes from task.

So, the association between job and job_service _has_ to
happen on creation time.   Anyway, as you rightly point
out: a job_id won't be available before run got called:

     // we need job description
     saga::job_description js; // fill it...

     // create a job service, bound to a resource manager
     saga::job_service js        ("RM");

     // create a job instance which is not yet running.  No
     // job id available (set to "Unknown" or so)
     saga::job j = js.create (jdes);

     // run the job, get a job_id from RM, put into
     // job list for the associated js
     j.run ();

Sorry, Andre.

Quoting [Andre Merzky] (Mar 06 2006):