[saga-rg] Clean Up after jobs - issue 61

Christopher Smith csmith at platform.com
Mon Mar 6 14:39:11 CST 2006

Ultimately the job of cleaning up is left to the implementation, but it does
needs hints through the job description. I believe that JSDL has a richer
set of semantics for describing this kind of stuff than we currently support
through SAGA. Should we just map the JSDL descriptions of file operations
through to SAGA, or consider a minimal subset.

This kind of cleanup is most often (practically) done using post execution
scripts and the like within the queuing system, if not done explicitly by
the job script itself, rather than supported as an operation of a resource
manager. I don't know about brokering middleware and the like.

-- Chris