[saga-rg] AlreadyExists

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Thu Jun 22 12:27:49 CDT 2006

There is a single case where we can't remove it (well, I
found that one only at least): opening a file with with the
flags (Create | Excl).  That MUST raise an error, otherwise
the flag would make no sense.

As for mkdir, we tried to stay close to what users know from
command line, and from POSIX/libc, which both return an
error if the dir exists.

As for contexts: I think it makes sense to allow a context
to get added twice, and to silently ignore the second call.

The last usage of AlreadyExists is for adding locations to a
logical file.  It would probably make sense to keep that
similar to adding contexts to a session - its semantically
close.

Cheers, Andre.

Quoting [sbrandt at cct.lsu.edu] (Jun 22 2006):