[saga-rg] Fwd (replogle at ggf.org): [gf-chairs] GGF18 Session Scheduling Now Open

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Tue Jun 13 02:12:41 CDT 2006

Hi Folx,

session scheduling for GGF18 is open, already, so we should
start planning I guess.

The work on the v1.0 spec narrows down, but the work in the
RG seems to broaden - so I propose to have only one session
for the WG, and 3 sessions for the RG (we can always shift
times around if needed...).  Does that make sense?

For brainstorming, the agenda items which pop into my mind
would be:

  - RG 1: overview & discussion
    - overview about current work and doc status
    - discuss look-and-feel doc, define deadline (!)
    - what should new saga docs (e.g. for message API) look
      like?
    - jumpstart on resource discovery

  - RG 2: discussion
    - discuss language bindings, define deadline (!)
    - finalize RPC proposal (we need to work on this!)
    - discuss messaging API

  - RG 3: discussion
    - information service, and consequences for saga::object
    - progress on CPR?

  - WG 1: specification
    - we should have public comments by then, I hope, so
      address them here
    - status of impementations
    - test suite needed
    - discuss adoption